By Lucas Carlson, Leonard Richardson
Why spend time on coding difficulties that others have already solved if you happen to will be making actual growth in your Ruby venture? This up-to-date cookbook offers greater than 350 recipes for fixing universal difficulties, on issues starting from uncomplicated info constructions, sessions, and items, to internet improvement, allotted programming, and multithreading.
Revised for Ruby 2.1, each one recipe features a dialogue on why and the way the answer works. You’ll locate recipes appropriate for all ability degrees, from Ruby newcomers to specialists who desire an occasional reference. With Ruby Cookbook, you’ll not just retailer time, yet preserve your mind percolating with new principles as well.
- Data constructions together with strings, numbers, date and time, arrays, hashes, records and directories
- Using Ruby’s code blocks, often referred to as closures
- OOP gains akin to periods, equipment, gadgets, and modules
- XML and HTML, databases and endurance, and pics and different formats
- Web improvement with Rails and Sinatra
- Internet companies, net prone, and disbursed programming
- Software checking out, debugging, packaging, and distributing
- Multitasking, multithreading, and lengthening Ruby with different languages